Passes the test. Again and again.
Others build and ship without testing. Not Banks. Our Ram-Air Intakes start out as CAD software prototypes and are put through flow simulations. The design is refined until the simulation shows optimal performance. Then a hardware prototype is made and the design is validated on a flowbench. After that comes dyno testing and on-vehicle testing. It takes a superior design to pass all those tests!
Filter on a stick: a joke that’s not funny.
A filter on a stick is a bad joke. It’s wide-open to hot, power-robbing underhood engine air. Ram-Air houses a giant filter in an enclosed cold-air box, which inhales cool, dense outside air—more than Banks’ competitors and up to 57% more than stock—for more power (up to +39 hp/+69 lb-ft , with tuner). More mileage, lower EGTs and less smoke, too. And it’s designed to not cause fault or error codes.
Bellows, too? Very exclusive.
Banks Ram-Air is the only aftermarket intake with bellows. This accommodates engine movement and prevents component damage for longer service life. The optional high-flow Super-Scoop is another Banks exclusive!
- Extensively tested & validated
- Enclosed housing keeps out hot, power-robbing engine air
- Inhales cooler outside air for more power & MPG
- Giant filter maximizes high-flow filtration
- Helps engine run cooler
- Accommodates engine movement
- Prevents component damage
- Extends service life and requires fewer cleanings
- 5-year Limited Warranty
- Gain up to +39 hp/+69 lb-ft
- Reduces exhaust gas temps (EGTs) and smoke
- Outflows stock and competitors up to 57%
- Optional Super-Scoop rams cold air for more power
- OILED Air Filter Element
Emissions Compliant: D-161-118
Note: This illustration shows a stock LLY intake so yours may not be identical.
Best gains measured at the rear wheels.